Textile Chemicals Market : Textile products comprise a significant part of our consumer world and are used in every industries and every corner of human life. For instance, textiles are used by farmers as protective clothing to spray pesticides; used in roofing materials, furniture, wire coverings, window screens in homes, used as life saving devices in pharmaceutical and healthcare industry and so on.
To improve the quality of textile products and to meet the current consumer needs, various chemicals are used in the process. Textile chemicals are used in all stages of textile manufacturing, from pre – treatment process to dyeing process, printing process and finishing process.
Why chemicals are used in textile manufacturing?
The rapid growth of fashion industry coupled with new social trends creates demand for modern, fashionable and high quality textiles in textile chemicals market.
This requires high usage of textile chemicals market to make product more propelling and attractive. Pretreatment chemicals helps to remove impurities like waxes, dirt, and starch impurities.
Textile chemicals are also added during fabric processing to add features such as antimicrobial properties, sweat absorbency, stain resistance, wrinkle resistance, desired texture, and beauty and finish to the fabrics.
Further, textile chemicals offer number of benefits to the textile or apparel manufacturers. Text chemicals market are added to finished products to obtain different functions or increase textile applications, which in turn, helps manufacturers to increase profit.
What kind of chemicals used in textile chemicals market?
The chemicals in the textile industry range from highly specialized chemicals to basic chemicals or mixtures. Basic chemicals include soda ash, hydrochloric, sulphuric acid, acetic acid, hydrogen peroxide, formic acid, and caustic soda.
The following are some examples of chemicals used in textile chemicals market.
- Formaldehyde is used for water-proofing, prevent mildew, wrinkling and to promote color fastness.
- Levelling agents (such as Levelex-P, Jinleve leve-RSPL, Serabid- MIP) also termed as retarding agents, helps to produce more uniform color on textiles.
- Printing chemicals are used to print numerous designs on fabrics and to prevent slipping during processing.
- Azo dyes are highly water soluble in nature and used as colourants for their increased colour fastness properties.
- Synthetic chemicals (such as silicone waxes, flame retardants, petroleum scours, and heavy metals) are used in processing conventional cotton.
- Softener (such as cetasaft cs, resomine supper, acelon) are common textile chemicals which are used as an finishing agent to give a pleasant touch on textiles.
- Soda ash, caustic, Neutracid RBT are some chemicals used to balance pH in all textile processes for fixation and exhaustion of dyeing chemicals.
Also, various agents are used in textiles to make manufacturing processes easier, such as
- antifoaming agent, such as Jintex TPA, AV-NO
- anticreasing agent, such as Kappavon CL, Biovin 109
- bleaching agent, such as 35 % H2O2
- reducing agent, such as Hydrose
- fixing agent, such as Jinfix –SR, Optifix-EC
- whitening agent, such as Uvitex BHV, Bluton BBV
- sequestering agent, such as Resotext 600S, Heptol-EMG
- detergent and scouring agent, such as Jintex-GS, Felosan RGN
- washing agent or soaping agent, such as Seraperse CSN, Crosden LPD
What’s the future of textile chemicals market?
According to Reports & Data, the global textile chemicals market size is expected to reach USD 36.62 billion in 2026 from USD 26.10 billion in 2018 and is expected to register a revenue CAGR of 4.2% during the forecast period.
The increasing demand for technical textiles, growing adoption of low Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC), and rapid growth of the apparel industry are some expected to drive market growth.
However, growing environmental concern (CO2, SO2, emissions) and allergic reactions or human health affected by chemicals are some factors expected to restrain textile chemicals market growth going ahead.